|First appearance||Buffet Froid|
|Portrayed by||Ellen Muth|
|Georgia Madchen gallery|
Georgia Madchen was a character who first appeared in Buffet Froid. Suffering from a disease that affected her ability to recognise the faces of others, she killed her former best friend, Beth LeBeau, because she thought she was wearing a mask. She witnessed Hannibal Lecter kill Dr. Donald Sutcliffe, and Hannibal framed her for the murder. She is later captured when she appears to Will, and he convinces her to come in. Dr. Lecter diagnosed her with Cotard's Syndrome, after having discussed her with Will. Georgia died in a fire that wasn't an accident. She was killed by the same killer who killed both Cassie Boyle and Marissa Schurr, The Copycat Killer, who tricked her into starting a fire in her isolation chamber so that she wouldn't recover enough to identify him as the killer.
- "You look pretty." (Will)
- "I don't wanna remember." (to Will)
- "Feels more like a horrible dream where I killed my friend." (to Will)
- "I don't think she wants to recover, afraid to remember what she did." (Will to Lecter)
- "All her adult life, this woman was misunderstood." (Will)
- She suffers from Cotard's Syndrome, which is a rare mental disorder in which people hold a delusional belief that they are dead (either figuratively or literally), do not exist, or have lost their blood or internal organs. In rare instances, it can include delusions of immortality.
- The Actress Ellen Muth previously played a similarily named character in "Dead Like Me", Georiga Lass. Both Lass (from middle english) and Maedchen (German) mean "Girl".