Hannibal is an ongoing television series, currently in production at NBC, that is based on the series of novels by Thomas Harris and focuses on the budding relationship between FBI criminal profiler Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy. The series has received a 13 episode order for its first season, and has been approved for a second season.
- Hugh Dancy as Special Agent Will Graham, a criminal profiler and hunter of serial killers.
- Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter, famed forensic psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer.
- Laurence Fishburne as Special Agent Jack Crawford, head of Behavioral Sciences at the FBI and Graham's employer.
- Gina Torres as Bella Crawford, wife of Special Agent Jack Crawford.
- Caroline Dhavernas as Dr. Alana Bloom, a psychology professor and consultant profiler for the FBI.
- Lara Jean Chorostecki as Fredricka "Freddie" Lounds, a tabloid blogger.
- Scott Thompson as Jimmy Price, a crime scene investigator.
- Aaron Abrams as Brian Zeller, a crime scene investigator.
- Hettienne Park as Beverly Katz, a crime scene investigator specializing in fiber analysis.
- Executive Producer/Developer/Writer: Bryan Fuller (Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Star Trek: DS9, Heroes)
- Executive Producer/Pilot Director: David Slade (Hard Candy, 30 Days of Night, Breaking Bad)
|Season #||Series #||Title||Airdate||Production Code|
|1||1||"Apéritif"||April 4, 2013||101|
|2||2||"Amuse-Bouche"||April 11, 2013||102|
|3||3||"Potage"||April 18, 2013||103|
|5||5||"Coquilles"||April 25, 2013||105|
|6||6||"Entrée"||May 2, 2013||106|
|7||7||"Sorbet"||May 9, 2013||107|
|8||8||"Fromage"||May 16, 2013||108|
|9||9||"Trou Normand"||May 23, 2013||109|
|10||10||"Buffet Froid"||May 30, 2013||110|
|11||11||"Rôti"||June 6, 2013||111|
|12||12||"Relevés"||June 13, 2013||112|
|13||13||"Savoureux"||June 20, 2013||113|
- NBC gave the series a financial commitment before Fuller had completeled his script.
- On February 14, 2012, NBC bypassed the pilot stage of development by giving the series as 13-episode first season based solely on the strength of Fuller's script.
- Speaking to Entertainment Weekly about the project, Bryan Fuller discussed the limited episode order and the continuing story arc he envisions for the series. "Doing a cable model on network television gives us the opportunity not to dally in our storytelling because we have a lot of real estate to cover." Speaking specifically about the Hannibal Lecter character, Fuller said, "There is a cheery disposition to our Hannibal. He's not being telegraphed as a villain. If the audience didn't know who he was, they wouldn't see him coming. What we have is Alfred Hitchcock's principle of suspense — show the audience the bomb under the table and let them sweat when it's going to go boom." He went on to call the relationship between Graham and Lecter as "really a love story", saying "As Hannibal has said [to Graham] in a couple of the movies, 'You're a lot more like me than you realize.' We'll get to the bottom of exactly what that means over the course of the first two seasons." 
- On April 10, 2012, the ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group acquired the rights to broadcast the series in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark beginning in 2013.